Can I brag for a minute? The people here are incredible! We are having a Christmas concert tonight and WOW! We just had a dress rehersal and there is a trio singing Breathe of Heaven and there are 5 vioinists who play A mix of the First Noel and Pachbel Canon which brings tears because it is so beautiful. Seriously, I am going to go through talent withdrawls becasue I am with so many amazing people. Just wanted to brag. Thats all.
Next item of business. Last night we had our Nativity in sheppards field overlooking Bethlehem adn that was also unforgettable. I organized it and sang O come, O come, Emmaunel with a group of girls and it was so much fun. We had Mary and Joseph and Angels and a star, it was just wonderful. Then Brother Brown said something I will never forget. He talked about how over one hill(pointing to Bethlehem) Christ was born and over the other(pointing to Jerusalem) Chirst was crucifed and the only witness of Christ from birth to death was his mother. She was there from the craddle to the grave. What an incredible woman! How grateful I am for a loving Savior who is willing to be patient with me and teach me along the way. We got to spend a few minutes of silence in the field just thinking about what we had just seen. We are so blessed to understand the life of Christ through the restored gospel. We understand the Atonement more fully becasue of the restoration and I am so grateful!
2 comments:
I am so glad you are having such amazing experiences! How wonderful it is that you are learning about different cultures and countries and all the while it is centered around Christ. What a great testimony builder!
I really wanted to call you on Saturday, but the trip was so busy I hardly had time to sit and breath-- I am looking forward to Christmas break so we can visit and catch up. I hope you continue to have a wonderful tour and can't wait to hear all about it!! Thanks for keeping up on your blog so that we can feel a little closer to you even though you are so far away!!
Love you!!
Kirst
i just wanted to let you know that i've been enjoying reading your blog about your experiences. thanks for sharing your testimony of the savior in each of your posts. :)
p.s. Breath of Heaven is one my favorite christmas songs.
Post a Comment