Sunday, November 1, 2009

Romans, Rocks and Castles, OH MY!

okay well theres not much to explain above except that I almost got killed by a Roman guy Below we are standing in the Jordan River. Brother Brown was kinda funny about us standing in the Jordan. He said if you want to stand and get all kinda of diseases in that river than by all means go ahead. The river now a days is a little polluted and murky is all. I am glad I did it though. At first I just touched it with my finger but then I got brave and took my shoes off and stood in it.


This is Ashley and I and the valley behind us is where Jacob would've wrestled with the angel and then where he would have met Esau and sent him all these flock and heards to try to make peace with him so that he didnt kill him over the whole brithright thing. It was beautiful and I loved Jordan. It was a lot cleaner than Egpyt and they have green apple Fanta! Best soda ever! Below was our feast of a lunch which was much deserved after our not so 5 star hotel meals. I am sitting with Brooke and Lynsay, in case you were wondering.

Above are the Allens, they are one of the service couples here and he is the doctor that takes care of all of us. They are so amazing and I love them dearly. We got to their house when we want a late night snack or to make cookies with them sometimes.
Above was our first view of the treasury from the canyon. It is absolutly breathtaking. Below is the typical jumping pictures. Yeah... we got mad hops!
This is Becca and I below at the castle. We got to the castle just before sunset and we had to RUN up this huge hill to get up to it but it was so worth it. My friend Jeremy took some other fun silhouette pictures of me at the castle at sunset but I didn't get them from him yet so that will have to be yet another post.

No comments: