Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 in review... Part 2

So I know that I kind of already did the first half of my year in review. But I guess this is the last half.

I got to go to Yellowstone over Labor day weekend with Steph! The Picture tells it all. :) We had a blast, even if we did get poured on while sleeping in our measly yet mighty tent. 



So this was a pretty important part of my semester. Passing my orals! Wahoo! It was so nice to be done.


I also got to play a lot of racquetball. I have always wanted to find a picture like this and tonight, I just so happened to. This is why it hurts to get hit. It really is like a giant ball hickey... Weird right?


 We had our Fall racquetball tournament and I beat all the guys. Sorry. Ok, not really. It was fun but I should give them a chance right? ;) This is our team picture this year. A few are missing but still a good representation of the group.



I also spent a good portion of the month of December making these bad boys. Hand dipped chocolates. I helped make the fondant, caramel, dip, and eat of course. Also made multiple bathes of caramel and divinity for the first time. Yum!


I also made this denim quilt for my mom. I was able to make is only with a lot of help and patience. But I think it turned out awesome. My mom loves it too.



I made a trip to Cali for Thanksgiving and a trip to Cali for Christmas.

I asked my grandpa to take me to the Pomona, California cemetary to see where some of his relatives are buried. We walked into the office and asked for the location of the gravesites of a couple people. After searching for their names for a while she looked at us and said, "you have a lot of relatives buried here, don't you?" We just laughed and said yes. We didn't get to find everyone but these are a few of the people we found. This is my great, great grandpa and grandma on my mom's, dad's side.



This was their son who passed away quite young. The family story goes that his wife may have driven him to drink himself to death. He was also had diabetes which may have contributed to his early death.
And this is the house my grandmother lived in up until she was 9 or so. Her father, my great grandfather built this house, which is still in pretty good shape. At least from the outside.


I also got to sped time with family. I am grateful for all that I have been given by my Savior. 2012 was good to me. Hope 2013 will just as awesome with so many incredible people like my nephew (although this shows how he really would rather be playing than sitting). :)

No comments: