Yup. I have a new obsession. Of course it has to do with sports. Actually, its a sport I have been playing on and off for years. I was never formally taught it, just kinda picked it up. I guess that's what you'd call athleticism. I don't know. But I am obsessed. Someone, a new favorite teacher of mine, got me connected with her friend who took a national collegiate title in this sport not once, but three times! She's a great teacher! Then today in the library, I was carrying to tool used to play this sport and a girl from Ecuador asked me if I was any good at said sport. Now thats a tricky answer because what if she sucks and I don't want to play her? So I said I was learning. She told me she played on the Ecuador national team for a few years. So shes a balla'! Yes. Because not many girls play said sport. Its kinda man dominated. But I can hang with them. So we played this afternoon and shes a champ. I won 1, she won 3! So I got someone to compete with. Yes!
And then theres this really cool lady who is teaching us. She knows exactly how to help me. She says I am too fast. Story of my life right? :) Well so we have been working on different aspects of the game and I LOVE it. Its competitive and there is so much strategy and angles and shots and I don't know why I've never pursed this before. Its becoming my obsession. I watch Youtube videos instead of doing homework. I even had a dream about it. There is a doubles tournie in March here in Pocatello of all places and the Ecuadorian and I might play together. So yes, I am willing to admit I have an obsession. But I can't get enough. Must. Play. Racquetball. Oh wait, I am in school? 20 credits you say? But there is always time for a little R&R. Rest and racquetball.
1 comment:
How funny! I guessed Racquetball before you said it. I'm so smart. And yes, you are naturally athletic. I've always been jealous- I mean proud of you!! :)
Post a Comment