I have been putting off posting because I wanted to put up some pictures of my summer activities but once again I find myself camera-cord-less and still wanting to post so here goes nothing.
I am at EFY for the 6th time this summer. Yeah count them 1-2-3-4-5-6! Crazy am I? Maybe? But it has been fun. Some weeks are more fun than others like the time my group was absolutely steller and my co-counselors favorite pastime was cheering meaning that it was high energy and fun yet the more spiritual 16 years olds I ahve ever met. Other weeks are a challenge like the time that we were physically restraining some of our 14 year old boys when the coordinator walked by and starting asking why we were having to use physical means with them. Oops. I love all the random creeper pictures that get taken of couselors and how they end up on facebook somehow. I videos of me dancing and I think, it that REALLY me in that video cuz that's kinda embarassing. Or the time I needed a slurpie break and it was past lights out and I went anyway. :) Don't tell.
EFY is funny sometimes because we have all sorts of fun accroynms and names like counselor clumping and C.O.W.'s and FSOY lessons. But EFY has been a blast. It is really its own little world sometimes. I feel like I have no idea what is going on in the world around me or never catch up on my news or how the Angels are doing. But I have come to realize that all that stuff isn't really who I am anyway. I am a daughter of God! I am so grateful to have been able to strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father while at EFY this summer.
I took last week off to meet my new nephew who is the cutest and STRONGEST new born I have ever seen. Kyler David Woolsey and he is so adorable. I am grateful that my sister is recovering and doing well.
Other summer highlights include but are not limited to: Moab camping and hiking trip, welcoming Kyler to the family, hours spent by the pool after soccer games in the sweltering heat, stressing about school next year although I will need to post about that saga later, trying to help my best friend plan her wedding, Carrie Underwood with the family for the 4th of July, and many many many EFY adventures.
As much as I love Provo, Pocatello will be a great change! Bring on the future. I am ready!
1 comment:
I'm glad you are having so much fun with EFY. This will be a summer to remember I'm sure. :) Love ya!
Post a Comment